Please note that the 350g bag now has new packaging to match the smaller bag.
However, the formula remains UNCHANGED.
Harrison's Recovery Formula provides an easily assimilated source of nutrients for ill avian patients (passerines and psittacines).
* When anorexia has slowed gastrointestinal emptying time. Not for cases of illeus or stasis.
* As a dietary transition for recovering patients that have been on a seed diet and need nutritional support.
* Medical and surgical patients that are recovering from pansystemic failure and have progressed to a point where oral, easily digested diets are indicated.
For debilitated or injured birds use as gavage (tube) mix until the bird is self feeding.
For those dedicated to the rehabilitation of orphaned nestlings, Recovery Formula is ideal as a hand-feeding diet from hatching to fledgling of small insectivorous birds with an apparent inability to digest cornstarch.
GUIDELINES FOR USE
• Easily assimilated source of nutrients for all birds needing special care until they are eating on their own.
• For medical and surgical patients that are recovering from pansystemic failure and have progressed to a point where an oral, easily-digested diet is indicated.
• Can be used to support a bird through the transition phase of a diet change that needs nutritional support.
• For birds in which anorexia has slowed gastrointestinal emptying time; not for cases of ileus or stasis.
• Also used as a handfeeding diet for growth from hatching to fledging of small insectivorous birds with an apparent inability to digest cornstarch. Species include bushtits, wrentits, vireos, wrens & smaller flycatchers and warblers.
Caution: The correct feeding technique must be used in order to prevent injury to the bird or inhalation of the formula that could result in pneumonia and death. If using a non-metal or flexible tube, be sure that the bird does not damage the tube.
• Step 1: Gently feel the crop to determine that it is almost empty before feeding.
• Step 2: Mix fresh: 1 part dry formula to 1-3 parts bottled “drinking water” heated to approximately 103°F (39°C). Do not microwave. Allow to cool to lukewarm.
• Step 3: Feeding with a tube is probably the most universally successful technique. As one faces the bird, position the tube to enter the oral cavity from the left side of the bird’s beak and direct it toward the right side of the bird’s neck. Deposit the food into the bird’s crop.
• Step 4: Feed the bird until the crop is full but not overstuffed and clean the excess formula from the bird’s beak, feathers and enclosure. Repeat as often as needed to maintain or increase the bird’s body weight.
Composition: Soy Protein Isolate, Hi-oleic Sunflower Oil, Sugar, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Phosphatadyl Choline, Di-calcium Phosphate, Methionine.
Nutritional additives per Kg: Vitamins: Vitamin A 44092 IU, Vitamin B1 26783 IU, Vitamin B2 23800 IU, Vitamin D3 2756 IU, Vitamin E 992 IU, Vitamin B12 400mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 132.5mg, Manganese Sulphate 44.1mg, Copper Sulphate 1.6mg, Sodium Selenite 1.5mg.
Analytical constituents: Crude Protein (min.) 35%, Crude Fat (min.) 19%, Crude Fibre (max.) 1%, Moisture (max.) 10%.