We respect your personal information and undertake to comply with applicable UK Data Protection legislation from time to time in place. We also recognise and comply with the European Union's General Data Protection Regulations as it pertains to small businesses in the UK whose processing is only occasional, of low risk to the data protection rights of individuals, and does not involve the large-scale use of special category or criminal offence data.
Meadow’s Animal Healthcare is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Meadow’s Animal Healthcare may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Meadow’s Animal Healthcare Ltd. is the controller and responsible for your personal data. Our contact details are Meadow’s Animal Healthcare, Unit 7 Windmill Road, Loughborough, Leics., LE11 1RA.
Tel.: 01509 265557, email: email@example.com
Registered address: 2-3 Rectory Place, Loughborough, LE11 1UW.
THE PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how we collect and process your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you purchase a product or sign up to our newsletter for example.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. You can find out more about personal data from the Information Commissioners Office
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you such as:
- Name, including your title
- Contact details such as billing and delivery addresses, Email address, telephone number
- Payment details
We may also collect demographic data for the purpose of website usage (although this is not classed as personal data as it does not directly reveal your identity).
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data).
Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When you visit our websites and use your account to buy products.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest.
- When you create an account with us.
- When you purchase a product by phone.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you sign up to our newsletter
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask us to email you information about a product.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances;
- Performance of Contract - this means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract. Such as ordering goods.
- Legitimate Interest - this means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation - this means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites, phone or in person. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout then we would not be able to process your order. Please note that some of your details may need to be passed onto a third party such as a delivery company.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
- To respond to your queries or complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond in the best way possible. We may also keep a record of these as part of our legal obligation or in our interests in providing you with the best service.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your accounts.
- Internal record keeping
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
- Opting out: You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to the use of personal data provided to us as a result of a purchase which is necessary for completing the purchase, and any communication with you by us or a third party (e.g. a delivery agent) to enable delivery of the purchase.
We do not (except where required by law), sell or pass on any of your details to a third party for their use.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above.
- External Third Parties Service e.g.
- Courier companies
- Providers of IT, banking and security services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Payment details: all payments are processed by a secure checkout system which is integrated with the banks encrypted payment systems. Your card information is not stored on our server.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us on email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE AND YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
This version was last updated in February 2021. Historic versions are available upon request.
Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
QUERIES, REQUESTS OR CONCERNS
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.