FOR USE IN BIRDS
• Good balance of essential fatty acids.
• High carotenoid content (precursors to vitamin A).
• High antioxidant content (vitamin E and coenzyme Q10).
• Beneficial to certain species known to eat high oil diets.
• Beneficial to most aging birds.
• Beneficial to birds with dry flaky skin (beak, nails), balding of the feet, lack of sheen and proper color to feathers.
• Can be used as the only food source to aid in weaning, changing a bird’s diet from seeds to Harrison’s Bird Foods or as a supplement for birds already fed Harrison’s Bird Foods that need extra energy following an illness.
• feed 1 piece Power Treats per 3 pieces of Coarse Ground Formula
• may make up to 30% of diet.
Feeding of Additional Items
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. Supplementation should be limited to no more than 10% of the overall diet. Offer certified organic vegetables and fruits in small quantities; select dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
Composition: *Corn, *Peanut Kernels, *Sugar, *Tapioca Maltodextrin, *Hulled Grey Millet, *Sunflower Kernels, *Hull-less Barley, Peas, *Lentils, *Palm Fruit Oil (3%) *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Chia, *Alfalfa, *Bentonite, Calcium Carbonate, *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, *Sunflower Oil.