The scoop in any images is shown for illustrative purposes only.
A nutty treat with added organic palm fruit oil*. A suitable treat for all birds who enjoy the nuttier, slightly sweeter flavour.
The added palm fruit oil* can boost the immune system, help improve the quality of the skin and feathers, and has been found to reduce the incidence of feather picking and cataract growth.
Comes in the 'coarse' size only though the pieces can be broken for feeding to smaller birds.
Available as a 454g bag or 11.3kg bag.
* - the palm fruit oil used comes from sustainable sources in Brazil, and not from south-east Asia where agriculture is threatening wildlife in the region.
- Can be used as the only food source to aid in weaning, changing a bird’s diet from seeds to Harrison’s Bird Foods or as a supplement for birds already fed Harrison’s Bird Foods that need extra energy following an illness
- Beneficial to birds with dry flaky skin (beak, nails), balding of the feet, lack of sheen and proper color to feathers
- Beneficial to most aging birds
- Beneficial to certain species known to eat high oil diets
- High antioxidant content (vitamin E and coenzyme Q10)
- High carotenoid content (precursors to vitamin A)
- Good balance of essential fatty acids
- Feed 1 piece Power Treats per 3 pieces of Coarse Ground Formula
- May make up to 30% of diet
SUGGESTED DAILY AMOUNTS:
- small birds, 1/8 - 11/2 pieces per day
- medium birds, 3 pieces per day
- large birds, 9 pieces per day
Feeding of additional items
- Harrison's products should make up 70% by volume of your bird's diet.
- It is recommended that 20% by volume of the overall diet should be good quality, ideally organic, vegetables and fruits. Dark yellow meaty, or dark green leafy, items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya are the most beneficial.
- It is recommended that 10% by volume of the overall diet should be high quality, ideally organic, items which provide a rich source of omega-3s. Examples include chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, or certain nuts. See this article for more information on the reasons for, and benefits of, including these items.
- It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal supplementary products.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
Composition: *Corn, *Peanut Kernels, *Sugar, *Tapioca Maltodextrin, *Hulled Grey Millet, *Sunflower Kernels, *Hull-less Barley, Peas, *Lentils, *Palm Fruit Oil (3%) *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Chia, *Alfalfa, *Bentonite, Calcium Carbonate, *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, *Sunflower Oil.
* = CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Nutritional additives per kg: Vitamins: Vit A 1896 IU, Vit B1 1150 IU, Vit B2 1024 IU, Vit D3 119 IU, Vit E 43 IU, Vit B12 18mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 5.8mg, Manganese Sulphate 1.9mg, Copper Sulphate 1.1mg.