Harrison's Juvenile Formula is a nutritionally complete diet for the hand-feeding of large psittacine chicks from day one and other baby parrots over seven days of age until weaning
This formula should not be used in cockatiels under 21 days of age
Special uses: In common with Recovery and Neonate formulas, Juvenile formula can be used as a digestive aid, for hospitalised birds that require supplemental feeding; birds with beak injury; tube feeding for diet conversion of extremely stubborn birds.
- Nutritious formula for hand-feeding psittacine chicks until weaning
- Can be used following post-hatch feeding of Neonate Formula for selected parrots (see below)
- Supports birds recovering from illness or injuries that may need supplemental feeding and birds that are losing weight during a diet conversion
Caution: The correct feeding technique must be used in order to prevent injury to the bird or inhalation of the formula that could result in pneumonia or death.
- From day 1 for pionus, African greys, Amazons, cockatoos, conures and macaws.
- From day 7 for other parrots
- From day 21 for cockatiels
- Step 1: Gently feel the crop to determine that it is almost empty before feeding.
- Step 2: Mix fresh: Juvenile Hand-Feeding Formula and bottled “drinking water” heated to approximately 103°F (39°C). Follow proportion of formula to water as directed by your avian veterinarian for the age of your bird. Do not microwave. Allow to cool to lukewarm. Chicks with their eyes opened should be fed 3-4 times daily, and birds with feathers emerging, 2-3 times daily.
- Step 3: Feeding with an irrigation syringe is probably the most universally successful technique. As one faces the bird, position the syringe to enter the oral cavity from the left side of the bird’s beak and direct it toward the right side of the bird’s neck. Deposit the food into the bird’s mouth and, as it swallows, the normal feeding response closes off the trachea and prevents aspiration of the formula into the lungs.
- Step 4: Feed the bird until the crop is full but not overstuffed, and clean the excess formula from the bird’s beak, feathers and enclosure.
|Day 1||1 part||6 parts|
|Gradually increase to|
|Day 2-6||1 part||3 parts|
|Day 7||1 part||2 parts|
In most cases, feed 1Tbs formula powder per 150-200g body weight
Composition: *Hulled Grey Millet, *Sunflower Kernels, *Hull-less Barley, *Corn, *Toasted Soybeans, *Peanut Kernels, *Peas, *Lentils, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, Tapioca Maltodextrin, *Psyllium, *Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, *Algae Meal, Bentonite, *Sea Kelp, *Sunflower Oil.
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Nutritional additives per Kg: Vitamins: Vit A 19842 IU, Vit B1 5356 IU, Vit B2 4760 IU, Vit D3 552 IU, Vit E 198 IU, Vit B12 80mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 26.5mg, Manganese Sulphate 8.8mg, Copper Sulphate 5.3mg