Adult Lifetime Coarse
The scoop in any images is shown for illustrative purposes only.
Nutritionally complete diet in a size of piece that is usually preferred by larger parrots, such as Amazons
- After completing a dietary program of High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months.
- As a year round maintenance formula that meets the nutritional requirements for healthy, non-breeding birds including pionus, Amazons, and other medium to large parrots
- Feed fresh food daily, do not 'top up'
- To help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals
- Birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline
SUGGESTED DAILY AMOUNTS:
|Species||Adult Lifetime Coarse||Additional foods|
|Pionus||10 - 15g (1 - 11/2 Tbs)||1/2 - 1 tsp|
|Amazons||15 - 30g (11/2 - 3 Tbs)||1 - 2 tsp|
|Eclectus||15 - 30g (11/2 - 3 Tbs)||11/2 - 2 tsp|
|Cockatoos (large)||15 - 50g (11/2 - 5 Tbs)||2 - 3 tsp|
|Macaws (large)||20 - 60g (2 - 6 Tbs)||2 - 4 tsp|
Feeding of additional items
- Harrison's products should make up 70% by volume of your bird's diet.
- It is recommended that 20% by volume of the overall diet should be good quality, ideally organic, vegetables and fruits. Dark yellow meaty, or dark green leafy, items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya are the most beneficial.
- It is recommended that 10% by volume of the overall diet should be high quality, ideally organic, items which provide a rich source of omega-3s. Examples include chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, or certain nuts. See this article for more information on the reasons for, and benefits of, including these items.
- It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal supplementary products.
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
Composition: *Corn, *Hull-less Barley, *Toasted Soybeans, *Peas, *Lentils, *Peanut Kernels, *Sunflower Kernels, *Toasted Oat Groats, *Brown Rice, *Alfalfa, *Psyllium, Calcium Carbonate, Bentonite, *Sea Kelp, Salt, *Algae Meal, *Sunflower Oil.
* = CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Nutritional additives per kg: Vitamins: Vit A 2469 IU, Vit B1 1497 IU, Vit B2 1332 IU, Vit D3 154 IU, Vit E 56 IU, Vit B12 23mcg. Trace elements: Zinc Sulphate 7.4mg, Manganese Sulphate 2.5mg, Copper Sulphate 1.5mg.