Nutritionally complete diet in a size of piece that is usually preferred by larger parrots, such as Amazons
FOR USE IN BIRDS
• after completing a dietary program of High Potency Formula for a period of at least 6 months.
• as a year round maintenance formula that meets the nutritional requirements for healthy, non-breeding birds including pionus, Amazons, and other medium to large parrots.
• feed fresh food daily.
• to help reduce waste, feed as distinct meals.
• birds may eat all they want, but use the table below as a guideline.
SUGGESTED DAILY AMOUNTS:
[For birds with suspected iron-storage disease: Avoid citrus fruits, tomatoes, kiwi, strawberries and other foods containing vitamin C. Avoid grapes, currants, raisins, liver, red meat, egg yolk or dark green vegetables such as spinach, which may contain high levels of iron.]
* Note that 'supplements' refers to other food in their diet (e.g, fruit and vegetables) and not specifically to added vitamins and minerals (which are neither needed nor recommended)
It is not recommended to supplement with vitamins or other bird or animal food products. Supplementation should be limited to no more than 30% of the overall diet. Offer good quality vegetables and fruits in small quantities; dark yellow meaty or dark green leafy items such as sweet potatoes, carrots, pumpkin, winter squash, broccoli, parsley, spinach, mango or papaya are the most beneficial.
Ingredients: *Ground Yellow Corn, *Ground Hulless Barley, *Ground Soybeans, *Ground Shelled Peanuts, *Ground Shelled Sunflower Seeds, *Ground Lentils, *Ground Green Peas, *Ground Rice, *Ground Toasted Oat Groats, *Ground Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Psyllium, Montmorillonite Clay, Spirulina, Ground Dried Sea Kelp, Vitamin E Supplement, Sea Salt, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, d-Biotin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Sodium Selenite.
*CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude protein (min.) 15%, crude fat (min.) 5.5%, crude fiber (max.) 6.5%, moisture (max.) 10%.